1. Society and the Individual (due 8/20/08)
- Reading HHB pp. 1-55 (8/11-8/12)
- Reading ERG- Educator’s Resource Guide—pp. IV-XVI. (8/9-8/11 at home)
- Bear That Wasn’t – book by Frank Tashlin- (review 8/7)
- Read and View “Little Things Are Big” - 8/7
- View “The Lunch Date” -8/9 (at home)
2. We and They (due 8/20/08)
- Reading HHB pp. 56-108 (8/11-8/13 at home)
- Reading ERG- Educator’s Resource Guide—pp. 1-40 (8/9-8/10- at home)
A/V Resources:
- View “ The Longest Hatred” (8/12-8/14 at home)
- “Eye of the Storm” (8/8)
- A Class Divided on line at PBS (8/8)
- Race the Power of An Illusion Episode 1 The Difference Between Us -(8/7, hm)
3. Germany in the 1920’s- Failure of the Weimar Republic Democracy (due 8/28/08)
- Reading HHB pp. 109-153 (8/13-8/19)
- ERG – Reading pp. 41-74 (8/13-8/19)
- Explore Weimar Republic Online Module
A/V Resources
- (8/13-8/14) Witness to the Holocaust 7 part series- Episode 1: Rise of the Nazis:
- (8/14) The Nazis: A Warning From History: Tape 1 Helped Into Power
- Helped into PowerA detailed and sober account of German history from the aftermath of the First World War to Hitler's elevation to the post of Chancellor in 1933. This episode explains how a major European country fell under control of gangsters, aided by elements in the judiciary and business world.
- (8/14-8/15) Degenerate Art – Teacher’s Guide from Teaching the Holocaust
I hope I can stick to my deadlines. I look forward to learning more about Weimar Republic because I haven't had any interaction with this content since the national teacher leadership team mtg and before that, at the HHB workshop I took years ago. I never taught this content in my WWII unit. What I know of German history as of today relates to their role in WWI, Martin Luther and the Protestant Reformation, limited knowledge of the cabarets and the German perspective of the Armenian Genocide.



No comments:
Post a Comment