January 13-15, 2009
Beyond a few blunders in terms of talking too long or giving appropriate instructions I think I did a pretty good job with this seminar. I am excited about working with this group and was able to make appointments on the spot for follow up, which makes my job a lot easier.
Some issues raised during CLR Seminar...
How can we emphasize the fact that our identities are multi-faceted? Although society has raised us to see differences, like skin color, we are more than these things.
How can teachers address the depth of students' knowledge of self? What can white teachers (of students of color) do to address issues of race/racism? How can they not perpetuate societal stereotypes? What can be done to build rapport between teachers and students of backgrounds different from their own?
How can FH work with extending resources to discuss the experiences of races other than Blacks and Whites? Beyond the immigration workshops, are there ways to incorporate Hispanic/Latino studies?
Monday, January 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment